Facts about the Water Meters we use.
- All meters are calibrated and tested in the factory before they are shipped to us.
- The meter registers in gallons all of the water used in your home, as well as outdoor water use.
- The design of the water meter does not allow SVUD to adjust the dials.
- The meter dial is like the odometer on your car. It reads your water consumption and is a cumulative total of the water that has run through that meter since it was installed.
- Much like an automobile or other mechanical device, the meter slows down with age and can eventually stop registering completely, but it cannot run faster than it was designed to run. The mechanical parts are not capable of “speeding up” or registering a significantly higher reading than actual usage.
- As water flows through the meter, internal mechanisms turn to register usage by the gallon.